This is a parts kit for the Spooky Tesla Spirit Radio on the Instructables site: http://www.instructables.com/id/Spooky-Tesla-Spirit-Radio/ by mrfixitrick. I am not affiliated with this project. This parts kit is made available as a convenience to customers wanting to build the project.
Questions regarding the parts can be posted here. Questions regarding the project itself should be posted to the Instructables site.
This is a parts kit only. Please refer to the Spooky Tesla Spirit Radio Instructables site for schematic and instructions.
I do not carry all the parts listed in the list of materials. Below is the list of parts included with the Spooky Tesla Spirit Radio Parts Kit.
- 1 – Plastic Variable Capacitor 60pf / 141pf
- 2 – 5/32″ (4mm) mounting screws and washers for variable capacitor
- 1 – Standard Extension and Knob for Variable Capacitor
- 1 – 680uh Ferrite Loopstick Antenna Coil with tap at 470uh
- 1 – 1N34A Germanium Diode (Crystal Diode Detector)
- 1 – .001uf Capacitor
- 1 – 47K resistor
- 2 – Banana Jacks (red and black)
- 2 – Banana Plugs (red and black)
- 2 – 1/8 inch (3.5mm) phone jacks
- 1 – 6 foot Audio Patch Cord, 1/8 inch (3.5mm) plug end
Here is a list of some of the items listed in the list of materials not included in the parts kit.
- 1- Small Jam Jar, (Mason Jar) with large mouth
- 1- 3 1/4 inch dia Plexiglas (or polycarbonate) cover lid, 1/8 inch thick
- a few inches of 20 gauge hook-up wire
IMPORTANT BUILD NOTE:
The mounting screws for the variable capacitor can pass through the top of the variable capacitor and damage the interior plates. Please check that the screws do not go all the way through the top. The supplied washers can be used if needed to help prevent damaging the internal plates of the variable capacitor.
The Spooky Tesla Spirit Radio project calls for a 60/160 pf variable capacitor. I no longer carry that specific variable capacitor. The 60/141 pf variable capacitor is the replacement part. I’m not aware of this causing any issue with the project.
I no longer carry the LSA680-1 680 uf ferrite loopstick antenna coil. The replacement part is a 680 uf ferrite loopstick antenna coil with a tap at 470 uh. For the purpose of this project, you can ignore the tap. Please do not cut the tap wire. The coil is one continuous wire. Cutting the tap wire would sever the coil making it inoperable.